- Chitheads from Embodied Philosophy
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- Magic Lessons Elizabeth Gilbert
- Mindfulness 101 with Dr Zindel Segel
- The Mindfulness Podcast with Dr David Black, American Mindfulness Research Association
- Sam Harris
Smart Phone Apps
Meditation Apps for your smartphone (download from the Android Playstore Or iPhone App Store). There is a fee for some of these beyond free trials and offers/demos. There are many mindfulness apps out there and you are encouraged to explore them, the important thing is to find the one that works best for you! Below are a few recommendations of apps that can support you in your practice of mindfulness.
Here is an article which describes and rates the top Apps.
- Brightmind Basic (free) and Brightmind Plus (paid) (approximately US$100/yr but a free 6 month trial available through partnerships with organizations promoting mindfulness) iPhone & Android Unified Mindfulness – Shinzen Young’s See Hear Feel mindfulness/meditation method. Both versions in the Practice section have instruction talks and meditations which incorporate teaching the method. Basic has 53 meditations, mostly 10 minutes and if you progress though them by the end you will have meditated and learned the method. In the Learn section there are 15 talks about meditation. Brightmind Plus currently has 343 meditations and 29 talks, including all those in Basic, and is periodically upgraded. There are occasional promotions for a lifetime subscription to Brightmind Plus for $75 – $100.
- Calm (paid)
- Centre for Mindfulness Studies 37 (free) meditations themed by MBCT, MBSR MSC and others
- Happidote (free) iPhone & Android Happidote (think happy antidote!) offers an easy way to access practical advice through simple guided meditations to help calm your mind and soothe the stress of work. Designed for healthcare professionals.
- Insight Timer (free) iPhone & Android App with over 30 k guided meditations with different teachers.
- Headspace (paid)
- MindBell Android: (free) Rings periodically during the day, to give you the opportunity to stop, breathe and smile.
- The Plum Village App (free) – iPhone & Android – This app comes from the international mindfulness community of Zen Master and Nobel Peace Prize nominee Thich Nhat Hanh. It has everything from guided mediations, to didactic talks and even practices for young children.
- Timeout (free) iPhone -Time Out offers easy break reminders, with flexible customization. We can set the whole screen to blur or change colour to encourage us to take a rest from time to time.
- Eat Right Now (free) + (paid) option Dr. Judson Brewer in Google Playstore or Iphone App Store
- Unnwinding Anxiety (free) Dr Judson Brewer in Google Playstore or Iphone App Store
If you know of a resource that we should add to this page, please let us know by email at email@example.com.