Wakeful Retreat – A One Day Semi-Silent Retreat
November 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
HAVE YOU BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT DOING A SILENT RETREAT?
Do you have a mindfulness or meditation practice, but just can't seem to keep it going? Or, perhaps you've been curious about doing a silent meditation retreat but the thought of doing 2, 3 or 4 days is a little overwhelming? One of the most powerful ways to grow or deepen your practice is by attending a few retreats every year. Join Qualified MBSR Teacher and Mindfulness Instructor, Kate Kerr for this semi-silent 1-day retreat and learn how to practice mindfulness & discover powerful strategies to live a more conscious and successful life. The benefits you'll walk away with include understanding and managing your mind better, reducing stress, responding more skillfully in challenging situations, increasing focus, having stronger mental resilience and learning all the tools you need to practice mindfulness anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn about the benefits you will walk away with and how to prepare for the retreat.
THIS RETREAT IS FOR:
- Anyone who wishes to quiet the negative inner voice that inhibits peace and happiness
- Anyone who is interested in establishing a healing meditation practice for the mind and emotions
- Anyone who seeks a means to be more compassionate and forgiving towards themselves.
- Suitable for business leaders, employees, teachers, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs and parents
- Suitable for beginners, as well as those looking to refresh or deepen their mindfulness practice
OUR RETREAT INCLUDES:
- A qualified, experienced mindfulness facilitator & senior trainer.
- A welcome package with strategies on how to prepare for the retreat and get the most out of the day.
- Kate's inspirational keynote talk on what mindfulness really is, the neuroscience behind it, the physiology of stress.
- Wake Up Kate's latest training guide: "The Most Important Five Steps You'll Ever Need To Know To Master Meditation".
- Training in ALL the foundational mindfulness practices, including the body scan, mindful movement, sitting with awareness of breath, mountain meditation, walking meditation, sound meditation, thoughts are not facts meditation, loving kindness meditation.
- A transformational eating meditation to help transform your health and cultivate greater breakthrough thinking in your life and work.
- The EXACT tools you need to implement mindfulness at work and at home.
- Exclusive bonus material [only available in this retreat] "10 Steps To Mindfulness"
- Powerful resources and handouts.
- Membership in Wake Up Kate's Private FB Community.
- Closing discussion, what you MUST KNOW STRATEGIES to transition to informal life, on going support and resources.
ABOUT THE RETREAT INSTRUCTOR: KATE KERR, BA (HONS)
Kate is President of Wake Up Kate and a Qualified MBSR Instructor (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). She has studied mindfulness meditation and interpersonal neurobiology at the Mindfulness Centre since 2011. She has deepened her practice at numerous 8 day silent retreats with Shinzen Young in Vipassana insight meditation. Kate completed her professional training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with the highly regarded international MBSR Professional Education and Training at University of Massachusetts Medical School. Most recently Kate completed the intensive Mind Body Medicine Training with Saki Santoreli, Florence Meleo-Meyer and Judson Brewer. Kate thrives on an active daily meditation practice of her own embodying mindfulness as a way of life.
PRAISE FOR WAKE UP KATE COURSES & RETREATS
"Kate you are truly a gifted facilitator. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with such empathy and compassion. You are inspirational. So much of what you shared has resonated deeply with me. I’ve experienced adversity many times in my life but in the last few years it has affected my health and happiness and I’ve been searching for how to regain my balance. Your retreat was just what I needed. Thank you for’ waking’ me up and helping me find my way back to me." — Carolyn Simpson, President, Money Moods Incorporated
Saturday Nov 18th, 2017 | 9am-4pm
MacLachlan College | 337 Trafalgar Road | Oakville