Wake Up Kate 8-Week MBSR Course
October 10 @ 6:30 pm - December 5 @ 9:00 pm
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION?
This 8 week, 9 session MBSR curriculum is being offered by Wake Up Kate and is based on an intensive training in mindfulness meditation. The curriculum was developed by the University of Massachusetts Medical School & Centre For Mindfulness over the course of three decades and is designed to teach participants how to integrate and apply mindfulness in their everyday lives and to the range of challenges arising from life stresses. Learn more here.
"Mindfulness provides a simple but powerful route for getting ourselves unstuck, back in touch with our wisdom and vitality. It is a way to take charge of the direction and quality of our own lives, including our relationships with the family, our relationships to work and the larger world and planet, and most fundamentally, our relationship with ourself as a person.” Jon Kabat-Zinn.
This 35 year old course is highly respected in the medical, business and educational community. It has been featured on 60 minutes with Anderson Cooper, on PBS in Bill Moyer's documentary, Healing and the Mind (seen by more than 40 million people), Time Life Magazine, The Oprah Winfrey show, ABC's Evening News with Dan Harris and hundreds of publications.
WHAT DOES THE 8-WEEK MBSR COURSE INCLUDE?
- Wake Up Kate's signature introduction to mindfulness keynote and MBSR orientation (1.5 hours).
- Eight weekly classes (2.5 hours each).
- One ALL DAY silent retreat usually on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Dedicated one-on-one weekly email consultation with a Qualified Mindfulness Instructor.
- On going resources, teaching tips and support with Membership in Wake Up Kate's Private Facebook community.
- One-on-one guided instruction in mindfulness across all foundational mindfulness practices including sitting and walking meditation, mindful eating, mindful dialogue/communication, body scans and body-mind awareness.
- Gentle stretching, mindful yoga.
- Group dialogue, experiential exercises and enquiry aimed at cultivating emotional intelligence and self-awareness in everyday life and work.
- Daily home assignments.
- Life time access to Wake Up Kate's guided meditation recordings to keep you on track after the course ends.
- An easy to use home practice manual to keep you on track.
AN EVIDENCE BASED PROGRAM
Two decades of published research indicate that the majority of people who complete this course experience:
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
- Improvements with pain, tiredness and headaches
- Increased awareness and concentration
- Increased perception and memory
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long term stressful situations
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday October 10th, 2017 | 6.30pm-8.00pm
Class Dates: 8 Tuesdays: October 17, 24, 31, November 7, 14, 21, 28. December 5th. Class Time: 6.30pm-9.00pm
All Day Retreat: Saturday November 25th, 9am - 4pm
MacLachlan College | 337 Trafalgar Road | Oakville, Ontario
LIMITED TIME OFFER
SUPER EARLY BIRD $595+HST
- GET $100 OFF UNTIL AUGUST 29
- ENTER PROMO CODE: SUPERWAKEUPKATEFALLMBSR
EARLY BIRD $620+HST
- GET $75 OFF UNTIL SEPTEMBER 26
- ENTER PROMO CODE: WAKEUPKATEFALLMBSR
REGULAR PRICE $695+HST
- AFTER SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE PROMO CODE TO RECEIVE YOUR EARLY REGISTRATION OFFER.
100% RISK FREE GUARANTEE
Full tuition is due to register for the course. If at the end of the mandatory orientation session you decide - or we decide - this course is not for you, your full tuition will be refunded in full, less a $50 non-refundable processing fee. Once you begin the program (after Orientation), your tuition fee is non-refundable.