- This event has passed.
MBSR for Healthcare Providers – an 8 week course
March 27 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Mindfulness Based Stress
Reduction (MBSR) for Health
plus all-day retreat
Day of week: Tuesdays
Mar 27, 2018 – May 29, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
All-day silent retreat:
Saturday, May 5, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This 10-week course is geared specifically towards health care professionals and designed to promote both personal wellness and professional resilience and capacity. It
provides the unique opportunity for health care professionals to develop their personal
mindfulness practice as well as to examine the interface between mindfulness practice
and the arts of healing and teaching. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of
relating to life circumstances so that they can be approached with greater calm, clarity and wisdom.
Over 20 years of research has shown thatMBSR participants report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- Greater ability to cope with stress
- Greater facility to learn
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
To understand the conceptual foundation of mindfulness
To develop or deepen a personal meditation practice
To promote personal health
To promote professional resilience and capacity
To enhance interpersonal relationships
To learn to apply mindfulness in clinical practice and/or education
Guided mindfulness meditation and yoga practices
- Exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Methods to deepen interpersonal communication
- Discussion of ways to integrate mindfulness into clinical practice and/or education
for full brochure please go to