NEW! Mindfulness Hamilton on line Zoom Meditation Group meetings
We are resuming the weekly meditation group on line.
The days will be the same as they were before Covid 19, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The timing will be:
6:45 Gather and greet
7:00 – 8:00 Meditation and discussion
There is a group of Mindfulness Hamilton members who have volunteered to facilitate the group.
The format varies from week to week but will usually consist of a number of guided meditations, sometimes seated, sometimes moving, and discussion and questions and answers.
Participants vary from people completely new to meditation to experienced meditators.
People who have expressed an interest will be sent a Zoom invitation.
If you are interested please let us know by email: email@example.com
See main page for days and times from July to September.
Free Online Meditation Resources for Times of Social Distancing/Covid-19
From the AWAKE NETWORK
“How Communities Can Prevent Panic in Uncertain Times” discusses how to manage anxiety and panic during the pandemic, and precautions to take during a lasting public health crisis. You can find the full resource here: https://www.publichealthdegrees.org/resources/prevent-panic-in-uncertain-times/
Mindful Healthcare SPEAKER SERIES Begins May 19 with John Kabat-Zinn To sign up for free click here
These talks were recorded and on line at the links below:
May 28: Dr Zev Schuman-Olivier talks about healthcare providers coping with Covid overwhelm for them selves and their families and the primary care mindfulness program in the Cambridge US area.
June 4 Dr Kristen Neff Mindful Self Compassion.
June 9 Frank Ostaseski Grief and the Healing Power of Love and Compassion
June 17 Richie Davidson Resilience and Well-being in Healthcare.
June 24 Susan Bauer-Wu Well Being and Reconnecting with our Original Intention
“Cambridge Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion daily free on line meditations including specialized programs: Mindfulness Practice for Addiction Recovery and People of Color/Indigenous Community Practice
Here is a one minute video about the option of viewing the pandemic as an opportunity for a reset.
Making Peace with Food in Covid times: Mindfulness based Eating Awareness Training via Zoom
Tuesday May 12 9: – 11
Go to www.mbeat.ca to register
MINDFULNESS NUGGETS FOR CHALLENGING TIMES Wednesday 12:00 – 12:45
free at the Mindfulness Centre
- A weekly live meditation daily at 7:30 PM sponsored by the “Consciousness Explorers Club” in Toronto (a mindfulness group) accessible at their facebook page. Their website has guided audio practices including one entitled “Sitting with Pandemic Panic” . These are also archived so you can access them at any time.
- A 10:00 AM daily live meditation is sponsored by A Mindful Society at their facebook page. These are archived at the same site so you can access them at any time at “videos”.
- The Insight Meditation Society offers daily live practices at 12 noon and these are also archived.
- Yoga can be a mindfulness practice and more and many yoga studios are offering free online or recorded yoga for example, YogaShala or Yoga with Adriene or In Find Feather .
- Our website listing of mindfulness resources continues to grow. If you know of good resources please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We hope that you find this information useful and please feel free to share it with others.
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com .
The Mindfulness Hamilton Core Committee