Mindfulness Hamilton was started by a group of professionals working in health care, education and leadership who practice mindfulness with the intent to:
- increase their personal resiliency
- integrate mindfulness into their professional work
- deliver more compassionate and skillful care, teaching and leadership
- promote mindfulness throughout Hamilton.
This website will connect you with others with a common vision of working together to create a more mindful Hamilton. You’ll be able to share ideas and resources and create a community of practice to sustain you in your work. We invite you to take advantage of the events, courses and resources you’ll find here and to get involved in our activities.
Integrating mindfulness into the fabric of the Hamilton community
- to promote greater interest in the development of mindfulness and the language of mindfulness across all sectors within the Hamilton community
- to improve the cooperation, networking and resource-sharing between individuals, organizations and programs involved in mindfulness-based activities in Hamilton
- to expand mindfulness programs and activities for the public at large
Our Values and Principles…
- to foster an inclusive environment within a non-hierarchical leadership model
- to demonstrate a consistent use of mindfulness practice in all Mindfulness Hamilton activities
- to communicate mindfully, openly and inclusively
Membership is open to any person interested in fostering mindfulness within the parameters of the Mindfulness Hamilton vision and mission.
If you would like to support our mission by getting involved on one of our committees, please contact us at:
If you would like to be added to our contact list so we can notify you 2-3X a year of our upcoming events please contact us at:
Website Terms and Conditions
You use this website and any information at your own risk. You should verify the accuracy of any information before you act on it.
You are granted access to these pages conditional on your agreement to indemnify Mindfulness Hamilton and not to hold it liable in any way for the results of any action you may take based on the material on this or linked sites.
We have tried to make sure the contents of this website are accurate. However we will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website.
We do not endorse any other organizations, products, websites or services mentioned on this site unless otherwise stated on the relevant pages.
We take no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We also have no control over linked pages’ availability.
You are responsible for protecting the security and integrity of your system and data. We make no claim that this website is free from viruses or other computer or data corrupting or damaging material.
What to expect
The meditation group meet every week alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays.
There is a group of Mindfulness Hamilton members who have volunteered to facilitate.
The format varies from week to week but will usually consist of a number of guided meditations, sometimes seated, sometimes moving.
Participants vary from people completely new to meditation to experienced meditators.
There is always time for comments and questions and answers, usually in the last 15 minutes of the sessions which run from 6:30 – 7:15.